Sunday, May 11, 2014

Activities in Enameling

A number of you know that I've a brand new habit. we discussed a number of my initial enameled items in an article earlier. That article demonstrates several easy sifted items along side my initial tests in sgrafitto. Ive created plenty of drops using her method. Its an enjoyable, easy and no-fuss method as you are able to accomplish immediately gratifying results with. Listed here are several images of my venture into enameling drops using her method:I'd lots of fun using the drops but we eventually went away. No problem! I simply managed to move on to different tests do in cloisonn. I'd seen others use spherical copper-wire in cloisonn with success so we started creating and smashed several away. Within this picture, I've table enameled and additional two layers of opaque white about the top.lin You can observe the way the oxides filthy the copper when terminated within this image:These oxides could be washed between firings in pickle. Our pickle container got damaged and I've to obtain a new one before we could continue using the mermaid. She's to become washed in pickle between firings to avoid the oxides from leaping up onto the top of the enamel. we dont wish to have come all of this way simply to wreck her! The cable remained beautiful, vibrant and free from oxides. we must have taken an image of the 2nd item at this time but we didnt. I had been also wanting to push ahead. Therefore I loaded the brand new style using enamels and hit the torch do ACHIEVEMENT! Cloisonn was initially finished by oUR. This Really Is my Isolation determine that youve seen duplicated in my own artwork cuffs.The rainbow moonstone has several stunning blue display that enhances the blue within the skyline which inturn didn't come through within the image. The very little pink gemstones are tanzanite.I've one thousand styles playing around in my own mind currently that cant wait to create it towards the torch! Before we reach them all since I'm scared Ill ignore them i'm pulling them in a laptop. Stay tuned in for more adventures!I really like the area with azure and crimson togetherbeautiful work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment